The largest electric power holding company in the United States is Duke Energy, headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina and serving customers in Midwest and southeast USA. It offers power to approximately 7.2 million consumers in the country and also provides gas to half a million people.
Customers can make their bill payments for its services through various options. These include: automatic draft, through E-Z Pay, by mail or in person. You can pay with your credit/debit card or by electronic check, from your checking or savings account, cash, check or money order.
Automatic draft/Auto pay: Have your bill drafted automatically from your checking or savings account every month when it’s due for free. You can enroll for this service, online or download the form and send the filled form to:
PO Box 1046
Charlotte, NC 28201
To register online:
- Visit www.dukeenergy.com,
- Select the automatic draft option
- Enter your bank account details
- Authorize the deductions by submitting your enrollment. Note that the deductions won’t start immediately so you may have to pay bill through the other methods before the deductions begin.
Pay Through An Online account: Customer can register for an account that they’ll use to pay for their energy
- To register, visit ww.dukeenergy.com
- Enter your user details
- accept the terms and regulations
- waiting for a confirmation email
- login to pay as shown below.
Electronic check / credit card (EZ-Pay): With EZ-Pay you can securely pay your Duke Energy bill by phone or online 24 hours a day using Discover card, MasterCard, Visa or electronic check. Call customer support on 1-866-374-5376 or 1.866.358.7075 to pay or visit the EZ-Pay payment site and provide your debit /credit card number or bank account, mailing zip code and duke Energy account number. To pay online:
- Visit https://secure8.i-doxs.net/Progress/OneTimeValidate.aspx
- Provide your duke energy service account number, your zip and validation codes
- Click on continue and enter your payment details
- Submit your payment. You should receive confirmation for the transaction. With this method the customer does not need to have an online account with www.dukeenergy.com to pay your bill.
Pay station cash payments: Pay your Duke Energy bill by cash at any of its pay stations by presenting your bill and payment. To find a station near you, enter the zip code of the area in the payment locations page of www.dukeenergy.com. You can select pay stations that don’t charge a convenience fee.
Pay by mail: mail your check including your account number to:
Duke Energy Progress
P.O. Box 1003
Charlotte, NC 28201-1003
Call customer service for assistance at 1-800-521-2232 or visit the www.dukeenergy.com customer service page. You can also get answers to your questions from the FAQ page.
- It is advisable to use the company authorized payment locations or direct payment options as listed on the company’s site. Payment locations that are not part of the authorized Duke Energy network do not guarantee timely delivery and may lead to disconnection.
- Payment for multiple accounts can be done using the automatic draft. Each duke account to be drafted has to have an online form completed.
- If you wish to make a one-time payment, do so by visiting the company’s electric check payment or credit card payment page.
- The pay bill matrix offers a side by side comparison of the methods you can use to pay your bill.