Consumers Energy, founded in 1886, provides electricity and gas to a large part of the United States. Among its achievements is the Brownfield development Award that the company received in 2003 as a result of building an establishment of a contaminated site. The company introduced Balanced Energy Initiative in a bid to invest $6 billion in the state’s energy future. It was achieved by theconstruction of new power plants, utilizing energy more efficiently and using more renewable energy sources. Clients can pay their energy bills using a number of options.
Online payments: If you want to pay your bills online, you will have to visit www.consumersenrgy.com and follow these steps:
- Use your username and password to login. If you are using the site for the first time, you should start by registering
- Once logged, click on the ‘pay my bill’ link
- You will be redirected to the eService page which should have a link similar to : http://www.consumersenergy.com/content.aspx?id=1140
- At this page, you can take a look at the bills you have paid and those you need to pay. Click the ‘pay my bill now’ to pay any unpaid bills
- After clicking the pay button, you will be redirected to your online account page. This is where you pay your bill and wait for a confirmation of the same
- To register for the service click on’register’ tab and follow the instructions to signup
Payments by mail: At some point you may need to make some payments by mail. If this is the case, you will need to start by getting a check or money order with the amount you want to pay. You should not forget to enclose the account you want the payment to be credited to. Once done, send the payment to: Consumer Energy Consumers Energy Lansing MI 48937-0001. Take note that this type of payment may take up to five days to be completed. This is due to the nature of the time it will take for the payment to arrive at the company.
Phone payments: Payments by phone can be done by dialing 866-329-9593. Once the call is connected, you will receive steps that you will use to get you payment done. Usually the process is simple and does not take more than minute to complete. During the phone call, you may be asked whether you want to talk to a customer representative. Use this method if you have any questions or need assistance.
If you need any assistance with your account, payments or just have a few questions, you can contact customer support through www.consumersenergy.com or by dialing 866-329-9593.
- If you want to check your bills before making payments, you should use this link www.consumersenergy.com.