Florida Power & Light Company, otherwise known as FPL, is the third-largest electric utility in the United States. It serves approximately 4.7 million clients across nearly 50% of Florida. By the end year 2013, FPL’s typical 1,000-kWh residential bill is around 25 % lower than the national average. The same is the lowest in Florida among reporting utilities. The reliability of the company is better than 99.90-99%. Furthermore, its fully fuel-efficient power plant fleet is among the leading in environment among utilities nationwide. The company got recognition in 2014 as the most trusted United States electric utility by Market Strategies International. It has also earned the national ServiceOne Award for outstanding (CS) customer service for an unprecedented 10 (a decade) consecutive years.
Phone payments: To use this method of payment, you will need to have a debit / credit or an ATM card with you. Dial 888-dial-FPL and follow the instructions provided by the system. Take note that you will be charged an extra $2.95 for using the phone payment system.
Online payments: You also have the option of making your payments using the internet. For this to work, you will need to navigate to the FPL ‘make a payment online’ page by using www.fpl.com and following these instructions:
- In the free from checking or savings box, click on the blue get started button
- Enter your password and email in the fields provided and you can choose to click the remember email address link if you want to. This will ensure you do not have to key on your credentials the next time you are in the system
- Next move to the pay bill section of the www.fpl.com website
- If you are logging in for the first time, you will need to set up payment by adding your banking information. The payment process is quite simple as you just need to enter the date you would like to pay and also the amount you want to pay to your account. Submit the payment once you are sure that all of your information is correct
- Once you have submitted your payment, you will come across a screen that will inform you whether your payment was successful or not. If it was, your payment is complete and you can close the browser or www.fpl.com website.
- To register for an account, follow the instructions below.
Mail your payment: To mail your payment for your FPL bill, you will be required to send a money order or check with your account written in 561-994-8227.
At some point, you may find you have issues with your bill that you need assistance handling. In such cases, you should call 561-994-8227. This is their customer service line and you should get assistance for any of your troubles.
- Send mail payments at least five days before the due date to ensure it is received on time
- You can make payments in person by visiting https://www.FPL.com/FPL-payment-locations?FPL to find a location near you