City Bank started its operations in New York City on 16th June, 1812. Moses Taylor was in charge of managing of the bank at that time. It has grown to become Citibank and it serves more than 100 million clients in 40 different countries making it one of the largest retail banks in the world. It is known for using five major business units which are; Citi Mortgage and Retail Services, Citi Branded cards, Citi Commercial Bank and Retail Banking. Citi Credit Cards is part of the company. There are several options one can use to make payments for these cards.
Pay By Phone: Payments by phone are the easiest and fastest option to top up your card or to pay your credit. Just call 1-888-citibank and follow the prompts to make you payments by phone.
Online payments: Online payments require you to have a Citibank account.
- The first step in creating an account is by going to www.citicards.com. On your left there is the sign up option.
- Click on register if you wish to create an online account.
- You will be required to input the details of your particular card before moving to the next step.
- Just follow the instructions and enter the required details and you will be done in no time. In case you experience difficulties you can contact their customer support by dialing 1-800-374-9700.
- After registering one can login into the www.citicards.com payment portal to make payments for the card, using the screen shown below.
Individual payments: If you want to make payments in person, visit the payment center locator to find a branch near you. This is the location you should use to make payments.
Mail payments: You can make your payment by mail by sending a money order or check with your account number written on it. The mailing address should be either:
Attention: Payments Dept. 1500 Boltonfield Street
Columbus, OH 43228
- Citibank / Choice
O. Box 183051
Columbus, OH 43218-3051
If you have noticed charges such as insufficient funds, returned check fees, overdraft fees or late payments, you should visit Citibank FAQs in www.citicards.com website. There is a complete list of all applicable fees. If the Frequently Asked Questions do not answer your question, you can contact their customer support at 1-800-945-0258.
- If you are unable to make a payment on time for whatever reason, you will have to contact customer service. You may not be eligible for an extension of payment, but you may be able to get your payments covered using the PaymnetAid service. This only works if your hardship qualifies and you have signed up.
- Citibank will work with you to a certain degree if you have not made your payments or you are way past overdue. The bank would rather make a new payment agreement with you instead of charging the account off all together and send it to collection due to non-payment. Basically, the bank has various option to manage payments when you are experiencing financial straits.
- CitiBank will apply a number of fees to its client on a non-recurring and monthly basis. They include insufficient funds fees, overdraft fees, returned check fees and late payment fees. The amount of fees are determined by the financial institution location.