Con Edison, also known as Consolidated Edison, is a leading natural gas and electric power company. It provides services to the Westchester area, City area and all of New York. Con Edison is actually one of the largest Energy and Electric Company in the United States. With this in mind, it has a lot of clients who will need to make their payments at one point or another. This being the case, they will need some information on how they will go about the process.
Pay by phone: To make your payments by phone, you will need to call 1-888-925-5016. Make sure you have your account details and a check handy. The account details will be used to ensure the right account is credited the payment and the check is for payment verification. Calling the number will attract a service fee of about $5.
Pay online: You can make online payments by going to http://www.coned.com/customercentral/paybyebill.asp. This is the official Con Edison online portal. You can make payments by noting the following:
- The online portal is quite easy to use as the process is very simple to follow
- visit www.coned.com and navigate to find the paybill portal
- You should login with your account details to make the payment
- If you do not have login details, you should register for the same at the same www.coned.com. Registration is quite easy and straightforward
- After logging in, payments should be made by filling in the required information
Pay by person: Con Edison offers its customers different ways they can use to make payments in person. There are two major options as far as this option is concerned. The first is by using the official Con Edison walk-in centers. These can be located by going to http://www.coned.com/customercentral/walkinCenterLocations.asp. The second option is by using authorized payment agents. Such agents are not hard to find as they can be located by going to http://www.coned.com/customercentral/authorizedPaymentAgents.asp.
In case you experience any difficulties with your payments or you get stranded, contact customer support at 1-888-925-5016.
- Remember to provide account details correctly when you are making an online payment. If you enter the wrong details, your payment may be credited to the wrong account. Always make sure you have double-checked any account details before confirming payment when using www.coned.com online account.
- For some people, making the payments might be a challenge. If you are such a person, you can request for assistance by calling 1-888-925-5016. This is the customer service number. The call will be answered either by an individual or an automated system. Follow the prompts provided as they will give you the right direction