ComEd is the electricity supplier for the majority of population in Illinois. Even though their primary focus of distribution is the Chicago area, the northern part of the state gets some electricity as well. The company has been in business since the 1900s and has been a common household name for the same duration. The company’s unabbreviated name Commonwealth Edison. However, 4 million of its clients and business are sued to calling it ComEd. As a client, there are several options you can use to pay your bills.
Automatic draft: An automatic draft is a convenient and free way to pay ComEd bills every month. The amount you owe can be automatically deducted from your savings or checking account when a bill is due. To sign up for this automatic billing, register online with comed.com. These are the steps to follow:
- Visit https://www.comed.com/customer-service/billing-payment/pay-bill/Pages/default.aspx
- Review your account and pay any outstanding balances using your usual method of payment
- Logging in to automatic draft will take you to the automatic draft process
- Another alternative is paying using your credit / debit card
- You just use the same process with the difference being the mode of payment
- To register, use the instructions below.
Pay by mail: You can send your ComEd payment using mail by forward8ing a check or money order. The same should be sent to
Company name: Commonwealth Edison Company
Address: P.O. Box 805379 Chicago
Zip Code: 60680-5379
Pay by phone: Phone payments are another option that ComEd has to offer. In this case, you will be required to dial 1-877-426-6331. The instructions provided should be followed and you will be ready to make your payments. Make sure you have all the pertinent documents when using this payment method.
Customer care can be contacted by using 1-877-426-6331. Once you make the phone call, you will be directed on how to go about payments. Simply follow the instructions and you will be done in a matter of minutes. For more information, visit comed.com.
- It is advisable to use the company authorized payment locations or direct payment options as listed on comed.com company’s site. Payment locations that are not part of the authorized ComEd network do not guarantee timely transfer of payments. This can result with delays in accounting and in some cases may lead to disconnection due to non-payment.
- Payment for multiple accounts can be done using the automatic draft. Each ComEd account to be drafted has to have an online form completed.
- If you wish to make a one-time payment, you should do so by visiting the company’s electric check payment or credit card payment page.